Friday, September 9, 2011

Her running shoes are smoking..

Mackenize must have her running shoes on because she is taking things in miles and not baby steps.. Although tonight she did not gain any weight we are happy to say that last night she gained over 60 grams in one night.. She is now 2 lbs 5 oz. She stayed right at that same weight tonight which is amazing cause she had lots of poopy diapers.  They also took out the broviax cather tonight (the central iv line). She is on full feeds now staying at 8.7 cc's of breast milk. We had to put some mittens on her today as she keeps managing to pull out of her feeding tube. Yeah needless today that didnt completly work but it helped a little bit.. She still manage to pull it out with the mittens. The only thing that we know now that she has coming up which might happen next week or the week after is that she will get a eye exam. Yeah mommy wont be here to witness that because everyone is telling me it's not something I want to see. Although it is not painful for her, it's not a pretty sight to watch them do from my understanding. Heck mommy can't even handle with they move her with all tubes and all let alone watch them do something with her eyes.

I dont think i will ever be able to stop talking about our NICU "family" enough..We love them so much and they love our Mackenzie just like their own.  As Mackenize continues to keep jumping all her hurdles it is amazing to see how many of the her nurses who might not have been here in a few days as they have different shifts as well, they all come in and check to see her progress. To listen to all of them point out all her changes and how they can't believe she has progressed the way she is, it really shows how attentive and caring they really are for her. They will even call just to check in on her if they aren't coming in for a few days. It is going to be so bittersweet when we finally jailbreak from the NICU..

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of little Mackenzie. She is doing so good. I hope she continues to progress quickly so you can get her home soon. I enjoy reading your blog and I would really enjoy talking to you anytime. I have been through the same experience you are going through and I know how hard it can be. I would love to email and I can talk to you about what I went through with my little Kiley and our angel Riley. If you would like to talk to me you can email me at mcchick_2003@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete