Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Do, New Day

I've really never been the girlie girl type to always go and get my hair done or even wear makeup but today i finally took my friend up on cutting my hair/styling it. My hair was getting long and I have missed my highlights so I took her up on her offer. My friend Chelsea over at Carmen and Carmen in the Belk Salon did a awesome job.If you are looking for a fresh new look, you have to go and see her over there and she will hook you up. I never know that a haircut could make me feel like so much of a fresher person. I have never been to the salon before and it was nothing that I was ever use to. It was amazing. She did such a amazing job on my hair as i'm pretty picky about who cuts my hair but i haven't been able to find someone i trusted to color it in so long until now.  I felt like a whole new person when I got home and it was finally nice to feel good in so long. I finally took the time out to actually do something for myself. I felt guility though as I was gone for more than 2 hours but the extra step in my bounce and Scotts look on his face when he saw it styled (now that is the only thing that will suck is that i wont be able to style as good as she did it but still ), it was worth the 2 hours away.  So to moms who feel the overwhemling of being a new mom, take that two hours and go get a new do, from one mom to another, it is much needed and worth it. Or heck if you just are feeling down and not even feeling like yourself, i thnk it's something that will give you that extra boost.

Me and my princess after my new hairdo

Today also marked the day for a new step in the right direction. We had our weekly check up with Dr. Cope and we are happy to say that Pumpkin gained 6 ozs.. wahoo. She now weighs in at 5lbs 7 ozs. Formula is working. We finished the last bottle of breastmilk early this morning so she will now be on straight formula. They had to stick her on formula since she hasn't gained any weight since being home and it's working.  And for me, I'm glad to finally stop pumping. I always said from the get, it's ok if they had to go to formula because I didnt know if I would be able to produce enough for both of them so i wasn't against formula ever. I'm glad she was able to get my breastmilk and that i was able to pump but if it's not helping her put on the weight then I will do whatever it takes for her to get some extra calories even if that means formula. And now it just means her spit ups are a lot more thicker than normal. Now also i dont have to take extra time of pumping, washing, and sterlizing extra parts.. wahoo.. We also get to start every two weeks with Dr. Cope instead of every week.  Tomorrow we see the heart doc again and we also see the GI doctor to see what they have to say.
Pumpkin has been doing a lot better sleeping through the nights. she has a off day here and there but what baby doesn't. The cutest and latest thing right now is that she is trying to figure out how to suck her thumb. She gets it sometimes but then it freaks her out. She gets her thumb near her mouth but then she doesn't realize that she is suppose to unfold her thumb and then she is over it.She is trying to.  hold her bottles as well.. She is just getting to big for her britches which is crazy to know that she will be 4 months old tomorrow.  Its hard to still know and accept that I have a 4 month old. Some docs consider her a 4 month old but then others consider her only a 2 1/2 week old new born as their due dates were on Nov. 11. so needless to say im' pretty confused on where her development should be. she is already holding her head up and turning her head but she has been doing that for quite some time now. She goes to town on her paci.
I'm a big girl mommy. I can do it on my own.


We also got to go out and put a new little christmas tree out for Alexis. It's hot pink and bright green. Colors i loved for the girls. I got a semi matching wreath but i think i'm gonna put that for Mackenzie so that they can having matching things. I hope she likes it as much as I liked it for her.

Well until tomorrow with a new day for a round of doctors, Ill update soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Mackenzie is just beautiful! I found your blog through Kyran and Karyssa's blog. My daughter was born at Baptist at 25 weeks and 4 days back in August of 2008. We loved the NICU staff there and LOVED Dr. Coates as well. Your posts and your photos brought back so many memories for me! I will be thinking about all of you!

    ReplyDelete