Friday, February 17, 2012

6 Month Letter from Daddy...

Alexis,
I can't believe it's already been 6 months since you left us.  You were such our little miracle and now your our little angel...  I would have gladly gone in your place!  It feels as though the world has moved on, however for me things still seem to be in a fog.  I feel like this is a dream that I can't wake up from...
I pray every night for you and understanding of why this happened, however have not yet got answers.  I know I will probably never know, all I can tell myself is that there's important work for you to do...
As a father, I'm suppose to protect my children, but in this case, I was totally helpless.  I think this has multiplied as well due to my career field, protecting those who can't protect themself.  I have never felt so helpless in my entire life.  The last six months seem so surreal to me, as if I'm watching my own life from someone elses's eyes...
I try to be strong in your absence for your mommy and sister, but honestly it's really difficult.  I still dream of what it would be like if you were still here with us; how our lives would be so different.  I can still picture you and Mackenzie playing together and growing up together...  Sometimes I think you come visit her because she just stares off and smiles and seems to get really excited.
Baby girl, you are missed as much today as you were the day you left.  I can't even begin to tell you how many people you touched, including people who never even met you...  I can honestly say I'm a better person for knowing you and being your father for the short time I was and the only thing I would change is to be holding you in my arms right now...  Love you always and forever,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment